Is now your time? Are you ready to unlock your potential? Join us for the high-intensity, value-packed Reboot Your Career course to help you get the job you want and deserve.
The course is led by Lisa Unwin, Founder of the Reignite Academy and author of She’s Back: Your Guide to Returning to Work — described by Arianna Huffington as “a must-have guide to get more women back to the workplace.”
She stepped away from a successful career when the combination of a demanding job, two young children and a partner who was always travelling became untenable. Six years later, Lisa realised she had decades of potential ahead of her and no idea how to get her career on track. Looking around the school gates, she saw many women in the same position. She set up She’s Back to address this waste of talent. She has helped hundreds of women return to successful careers and fulfilling their potential.
BUTTON GOES HERE
What you’ll learn
You will come out of the course feeling energised and positive about the future of your career and with the confidence, knowledge and skills you need to secure the job you deserve. This includes:
- Understanding and definition of the value you bring to an employer
- Clarity on your career ambitions for the medium term
- A plan to build and mobilise your network to support your career goals
- A CV, LinkedIn and online profile that will enable you to market yourself
- A clear, goal oriented, personal plan for the next 12 – 24 months
How It Works
The course is delivered online through 5 x one hour modules, each taking place at Tuesday lunchtime. The sessions will be recorded. Each module comes with a worksheet, a set of activities and recommended articles, books and podcasts for further reading and listening. All participants will have access to a private Facebook group to share experiences, stories, swap ideas and ask further questions.
Noon Expert: Lisa Unwin
Noon Expert: Lisa UnwinRead more about Lisa
Overview of the five modules
- Context – Understanding your value – The recruitment place is a market: employers are competing for the best talent, people are competing for the best jobs. Get yourself in the right mindset and understand exactly what value you have to offer.
- Prepare to leverage your most valuable asset – Friends, colleagues, clients from the past, people you know at the school gate, others in your community. Welcome to your network. It’s not just who you know but who knows you. Learn to build, rebuild and leverage your network both online and in real life.
- Equip yourself with the tools of the trade – Anyone in the market for a new role needs a CV but what else should be in your arsenal? Where does LinkedIn come into it? What are competency interviews all about? What are the three keys to nailing an interview. And when you get that all important offer, how do you negotiate the package.
- Product placement and promotion – A brand called you. You’re clear on the product but how will you go to market. Explore the different routes and channels at your disposal. Create a tailored plan to build your own reach and reputation.
- Sustainable change – Having a plan is one thing. Implementing it successfully is another. Our final session covers the fundamentals of building resilience, planning your time and making sure that you are prepared for the transition, including how to build your own Advisory Board and making sure the home team is in place.
From women Lisa has placed in roles:
“For me, It’s not just about reigniting something from of old; you have set alight something very new. I feel like I am discovering myself … at a really interesting time in my life.” — Vanessa
“Confidence is so easily lost. I put a ‘proper job’ in the “too difficult” pile and told myself that I couldn’t possibly fit in a legal career with my family commitments anyway. Lisa helped me think about all the reasons I should – independence, fulfilment, a renewed sense of purpose, intellectual stimulation, a pay packet at the end of the month. She helped me find my current role and I couldn’t be happier.” — Louise
“I couldn’t have been made to feel more at ease. Lisa was fabulous from the very start. She is efficient, encouraging and energising. Her help and encouragement boosted my confidence and made me believe in myself which may have come over at the interview.” — Elspeth
About She’s Back, the book
She’s Back distils everything you need to do/think about/prepare for and engage in when looking to return to work. Practical and inspiring, it is an easy read full of practical tips. Having read it I approached a potential employer with more confidence and knowledge that I had something to offer.
A must-read for any woman that still has ambition after motherhood. Your way back into the talent pool.