We’re delighted to announce the Noon Book Club – the only book club devoted to the books and authors engaging with the midlife experience.
Our first Book Club features the bestselling author Curtis Sittenfeld, interviewed by our host Sam Baker. To celebrate the launch of Book Club, this event is FREE to everyone. Plus the first 150 people to sign up with get a complimentary copy of Rodham, Sittenfeld’s latest book. (UPDATE: The books have all been claimed but you can still join this month’s Book Club for free!)
When: 30 June 2021
Time: 19:00 BST
Where: Sign up on Eventbrite for this Zoom event
Cost: Free + the first 150 to sign up get a copy of her book Rodham (NOTE: All book copies have now been claimed)
Why sign up for our inaugural Club?
- The first Noon Book Club is completely free to attend
- The first 150 to sign up will get a free copy of the book, courtesy of Transworld, a division of Penguin!
- You’ll be part of a stimulating conversation with celebrated authors and other midlife women
You’ll hear from the authors – interviewed by our host Sam Baker – and have the opportunity to put your questions to them. The Book Club is powered by Transworld.
Noon June Book Club:
Curtis Sittenfeld talks about her books, midlife and writing about the lives of women
Curtis Sittenfeld is the bestselling author of six novels: Prep, The Man of My Dreams, American Wife, Sisterland, Eligible, and Rodham. Her first story collection You Think It, I’ll Say It was picked for Reese Witherspoon’s Book Club. Her books have been selected by The New York Times, Time, Entertainment Weekly, and People for their “Ten Best Books of the Year” lists, optioned for television and film, and translated into 30 languages.
She’ll be interviewed by Sam Baker. Sam was Editor of Red and Cosmopolitan before co-founding The Pool. She is the author of five novels and one work of non-fiction, The Shift: How I (Lost And) Found Myself After 40 – And You Can Too, which is also a hit podcast. Sam has judged the Costa Novel Award and the Women’s Prize for Fiction. She is a star interviewer at festivals including Cheltenham and Edinburgh, and her recent guests have included Nigella Lawson, Isabel Allende, Bret Easton Ellis, Marian Keyes, Celeste Ng and Philippa Perry.
About the Noon Book Club
Every month, the Noon Book Club features an amazing author, talking about their work and their life with our host Sam Baker. You have the opportunity to ask questions and take part in the discussion.
- Only £10 to take part each month
- The first 150 to sign up every month get a FREE copy of the book we’re talking about!
- Stimulating conversations and the opportunity to submit questions to esteemed authors
Sign up to get updates about the Book Club.
How to join the June Noon Book Club with Curtis Sittenfeld
- Sign up now.
- You’ll be sent a URL for the scheduled Zoom event. Be sure to register for the Zoom event too — we’ll use this information to send you the link to join a little before the event.
- When you join, you’ll be admitted to the Zoom room where you can listen, submit questions via the chat facility and hear from some of the most exciting authors writing now!
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Got questions about the Book Club? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.