The July 2021 Book Club is here!
When: Tuesday 27 July 2021
Time: 19:00 BST
Where: Sign up on Eventbrite for this Zoom event
Cost: £10 + the first 150 to sign up get a copy of Ruth’s book Us Three
Why sign up for the Noon Book Club?
- The first 150 to sign up will get a copy of the book, courtesy of Transworld, a division of Penguin!
- The discussion is led by Sam Baker, star interviewer, author and former magazine editor
- You’ll be part of a stimulating conversation with celebrated authors and other midlife women
The Book Club is powered by Transworld.
Noon July Book Club:
Ruth Jones talks about her book Us Three, her transition from screenwriter to author and more.
Ruth Jones is best known for her outstanding and award-winning television writing, most notably BBC One’s Gavin and Stacey, which she co-wrote with James Corden and in which she played the incorrigible Nessa Jenkins. Ruth also created and co-wrote Sky One’s Stella, which ran for six series. As well as being Bafta-nominated for her role as the eponymous Stella, Ruth has starred in several other television comedies and dramas. Her debut novel Never Greener has now sold over a quarter of a million copies. It was chosen as WHSmith Fiction Book of the Year 2018, was a Zoe Ball Book Club pick, and was a Sunday Times bestseller for 15 weeks, three weeks at number one. Us Three is Ruth’s second novel and was a Sunday Times bestseller in hardback.
She’ll be interviewed by Sam Baker. Sam was Editor of Red and Cosmopolitan before co-founding The Pool. She is the author of five novels and one work of non-fiction, The Shift: How I (Lost And) Found Myself After 40 – And You Can Too, which is also a hit podcast. Sam has judged the Costa Novel Award and the Women’s Prize for Fiction. She is a star interviewer at festivals including Cheltenham and Edinburgh, and her recent guests have included Nigella Lawson, Isabel Allende, Bret Easton Ellis, Marian Keyes, Celeste Ng and Philippa Perry.
About the Noon Book Club
Every month, the Noon Book Club features an amazing author, talking about their work and their life with our host Sam Baker. You have the opportunity to ask questions and take part in the discussion.
- Only £10 to take part each month
- The first 150 to sign up every month get a FREE copy of the book we’re talking about!
- Stimulating conversations and the opportunity to submit questions to esteemed authors
Join our email list to get updates about the Book Club.
How to join the July Noon Book Club with Ruth Jones
- Sign up now.
- You’ll be sent a URL for the scheduled Zoom event. Be sure to register for the Zoom event too — we’ll use this information to send you the link to join a little before the event.
- When you join, you’ll be admitted to the Zoom room where you can listen, submit questions via the chat facility and hear from some of the most exciting authors writing now!
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Got questions about the Book Club? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.