The September 2021 Book Club is here!
When: Wednesday 29 September 2021
Time: 19:00 BST
Where: Sign up on Eventbrite for this Zoom event
Cost: £10 + the first 150 to sign up get a copy of Lissa’s book V for Victory
Why sign up for the Noon Book Club?
- The first 150 to sign up will get a copy of the book, courtesy of sponsor Transworld, a division of Penguin!
- The discussion is led by Sam Baker, star interviewer, author and former magazine editor
- You’ll be part of a stimulating conversation with celebrated authors and other midlife women
Noon September Book Club:
Lissa Evans talks about her latest book, V for Victory.
Brimming with wit, warmth and wisdom, this is the story of Vee – a small-time scammer – whose life is about to unfurl in both unexpectedly marvellous and potentially disastrous ways during the last days of World War II. Lissa Evans is the critically acclaimed author of five other novels, including Old Baggage (2018) and Crooked Heart (2014).
She’ll be interviewed by Sam Baker. Sam was Editor of Red and Cosmopolitan before co-founding The Pool. She is the author of five novels and one work of non-fiction, The Shift: How I (Lost And) Found Myself After 40 – And You Can Too, which is also a hit podcast. Sam has judged the Costa Novel Award and the Women’s Prize for Fiction. She is a star interviewer at festivals including Cheltenham and Edinburgh, and her recent guests have included Nigella Lawson, Isabel Allende, Bret Easton Ellis, Marian Keyes, Celeste Ng and Philippa Perry.
How to join the July Noon Book Club with Lissa Evans
- Sign up now.
- You’ll be sent a URL for the scheduled Zoom event. Be sure to register for the Zoom event too — we’ll use this information to send you the link to join a little before the event.
- When you join, you’ll be admitted to the Zoom room where you can listen, submit questions via the chat facility and hear from some of the most exciting authors writing now!
About the Noon Book Club
Every month, the Noon Book Club features an amazing author, talking about their work and their life with our host Sam Baker. You have the opportunity to ask questions and take part in the discussion.
- Only £10 to take part each month
- The first 150 to sign up every month get a FREE copy of the book we’re talking about!
- Stimulating conversations and the opportunity to submit questions to esteemed authors
Join our email list to get updates about the Book Club.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Got questions about the Book Club? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 2021: Books to read now
We’re welcoming autumn with a great list of the best books to read now. Sam Baker, host of the Noon Book Club, shares her top picks.
My new chapter – novelist at 78
All her life Kirsteen Stewart had wanted to write. It’s never too late…